The duplex reticle on the 5 is not the same as the 6, even though the box and website would lead you to believe it is.The duplex reticle on the 5 is not the same as the 6, even though the box and website would lead you to believe it is.I can't speak for the 6HD because I've never even looked in one. Subtensions change with zoom, allowing tuning of ballistic reticles. was ruled out of my decision process. I picked up a second 5HD for my daughter's rifle and she loves it. If the scope doesn’t perform in any way during the tests, we make adjustments to the design and test it again.Rear focal plane reticles remain fine and minimally cover the target at high power. Leupold vx-5HD 2-10x42mm weight 17.9 oz. I had done a lot of research prior to purchasing, talked to mfgr. Outstanding scope for a hunting rifle. Leupold VX-6HD 3-18x44 (30mm) CDS-ZL2 FireDot Tri-MOA Sitka Subalpine Riflescope $1,899.99 Leupold VX-6 7-42X56 (34mm) Side Focus Target TMOA Plus Riflescope 118504 The Leupold VX-6HD also has several features the VX-5HD lacks like an electronic reticle level, alumina flipback lens covers, and a reversible throw lever to help adjust magnification. Lunette VX-6HD LEUPOLD. The wide one is called a firedot4. « Hunters are looking for more.They are seeking the next challenge, constantly wanting to go further,» said Tim Lesser, … These Leupold riflescopes feature their latest technology including an in-scope electronic reticle, CDS-ZL2 Zero Lock elevation dial, and a removable throw lever - which all … At 3x magnification, there’s enough field-of-view to navigate brush and timber situations, but crank the power selector all the way up to 18x, and you’ve got enough magnification to dominate any backcountry landscape. Voir plus loin. Lunette Leupold VX-5HD. I have several VX 5HD 2x10x42 scopes. and Leupold vx-6HD 2-12x42mm weight 19.7 oz. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another 5HD based on my experience with these two.The duplex reticle on the 5 is not the same as the 6, even though the box and website would lead you to believe it is.To further complicate things, there are two firedot reticles. The Leupold VX-5HD riflescopes feature a 5x erector assembly, fitting perfectly into Leupold’s line up between the VX-3i and the VX-6HD. was ruled out of my decision process. Thanks again for your feedback. Disperses recoil energy for unrivaled durability and performance with ultra-lightweight constructionAbsolute waterproof and fogproof integrity means it's ready to perform in the field, in all conditions.Creates a visible aiming point in low-light conditions with available FireDot illuminationA powerful 6:1 zoom ratio delivers a wide magnification range for excellent versatility in multiple environments. The wide one is called a firedot4. The vx-5HD is lighter and a few hundred dollars cheaper than the vx-6HD. I've never handled or looked through a Zeiss V6, only a V4 and preferred the Leupold VX-6HD over the V4 by a long shot. The scope will be going on my elk rifle (.338WinMag).

Thanks again for your feedback.I ended up ordering the Leupold vx-6HD 2-12x42mm with the fire dot duplex. I was use to a vx3 crosshair so the 5HD was definitely wider but I've had no issues shooting with it close or long range and harvested a couple deer this season with no problems. Qui sommes-nous | ; Contact | ; Conditions générales | ; Connexion; Accueil Leupold VX-6HD Riflescopes is the latest rendition of the immensely popular Leupold VX-6, taking the line to an entirely new level. The force of each impact is 3x the recoil of a .308 rifle. I purchased a new Leupold VX-6HD 4-24x52 for my new Seeking Havac PH2 in 6.5 PRC in May.